- Author–meets-critic for Fiona McConnell’s Rehearsing the State. RGS-IBG 30 Aug-2 Sept 2016.
- ‘It’s Not All Poverty and Pol Pot: Post-conflict performance in contemporary Cambodia’ RGS-IBG 30 Aug-2 Sept 2016.
- ‘NGOs, Geopolitics and Contemporary Cambodian Dance: Tensions in a post-conflict society’ at the RGS-IBC annual conference, London, 26-29 August 2014.
- ‘Claiming Collective Memory in Post-conflict Performance’ at ‘Post-conflict, Heritage and Regional Development’ Conference, Wageningen University, 9-11 October 2013
- (with Dr Ashley Thorpe) ‘The Yellow Peril, Abjection and Howard Brenton’s #aiww: The Arrest of Ai Wei Wei‘ at ‘The Fu Manchu Complex and Representations of East Asians in the Contemporary Arts and Media’ SOAS, London 27th September 2013.
- ‘Touring Transnationality: wAve, Boom and intersecting mobilities’ at ‘Contesting British Chinese Cultures’ conference, University of Reading, 24-25 September 2011.
- ‘Scotland-Singapore Collaborations: Potentials and problems’ at the RGS-IBG annual conference, London, 31 August-2 September 2011.
- ‘Geographies of Engagement at the Singapore Arts Festival’ at the Annual Meeting of the Cultural Studies Association, Chicago, 26 March 2011.
- ‘Spreading Theatrical Wings: The transnational circulation of creative practice’ at the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, Washington D.C., 17 April 2010.
- ‘It Just Doesn’t Feel Right!: Geographies of Emotional Embodiment in Solve for X’ at the Royal Geographical Society-Institute of British Geographers annual conference, London, 30 August-1 September 2006.
Invited Seminar and Workshop Papers
- ‘Cultural Politics and Geographies of Music’ talk given at ‘Music and Politics’ seminar, Centre for Creative Collaboration, University of London, 15 November 2010
- ‘Creative Configurations of Transnational Asian Identities.’ Seminar at the Department of Geography, University of British Columbia, 10 February 2009.
- ‘Unpacking Performance.’ Roundtable Discussion, Taitung Theatre Company, Taiwan, 8 November 2008
- ‘Emotional Geographies of Method Acting in Asian American Theatre.’ Seminar at the Department of Geography, National University of Singapore, 24 October 2008.
Conference and Workshop Organisation
- Co-organiser of ‘Politics and Performance’ sessions with Caleb Johnston. RGS-IBG 30 Aug-2 Sept 2016.
- Organizer of ‘Post-conflict art and performance’ sessions for the 2015 Nordic Geographers’ Meeting.
- Co-organiser of ‘Geographies of Impact’ events at the 2012 RGS-IBG in Edinburgh on behalf of the RGS Social and Cultural Geography Research Group.
- Organiser of ‘Mobile Geographies of Art’ session at the Royal Geographical Society-Institute of British Geographers annual conference, London, 31 August-2 September 2011.
- Co-organiser of ‘Performing Arts in Contemporary Asia: Tradition and Travel.’ 16th International Meeting of The European Foundation for Chinese Music Research (CHIME) and Inaugural Annual Conference of the Asian Performing Arts Forum (APAF), Royal Holloway 6-9 July 2011. This four-day international conference included paper sessions, workshops, film screenings and live performances with practitioners from China, Korea, the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Co-organiser of ‘Geography and the New Empirics’ on behalf of the RGS Social and Cultural Geography Research Group, UCL and the RGS, 20-21 January 2011. The event addressed the changing nature of the empirical in terms of new forms of data, new scales and quantity of data, and the practical/ethical issues of communicating research to publics beyond the academy.
- Lead organiser of a series of roundtables on the theme of ‘Moving Performers, Travelling Performance’ held at Royal Holloway during autumn term 2009.
- Organised ‘Performing South East Asian Identity’ interdisciplinary and international workshop at the Department of Geography, National University of Singapore, 19 November 2008.
- On the organising committee for ‘Interrogating the Postcolonial: An Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Research Day’ Royal Holloway, 29 July 2008.
- Organised ‘Race and Performative Interventions’ workshop at the Department of Geography, Royal Holloway, 16-17 July 2008. This interdisciplinary two-day workshop also involved theatre practitioners from the U.K. and U.S.
- Lead organiser of the ‘Theatrical Geographies’ session at the Royal Geographical Society-Institute of British Geographers annual conference, London, 30 August-1 September 2006.
- Lead organiser of two sessions on ‘Theatrical Geographies: Art, Space and Performance’ at the Association of American Geographers annual conference, Chicago, 7-11 March 2006.